Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors



Saturday 5th February 1977

Northwood kept their Middlesex League championship hopes alive with a dramatic winner three minutes from time on Saturday. It was Roger Livingstone, their tall striker, who grabbed the vital goal and was fitting reward for the ex-Wealdstone player’s best display for the club.

The result also was the right one, although Northwood had given another of their Jeckyl and Hyde performances. They started the match in fine style and moved the ball around confidently on the fine C.A.V. surface.

The introduction of Ian Harvey into the midfield proved a boost to the Woods and he soon settled into the formation with Tidd and Gould.

Northwood almost took the lead after only a few minutes when Ellis raced clear of the stranded home defence but he guided the ball wide of the keeper but also saw it sail tantalisingly around a post.

This close shave should have been the beginning of Woods’ pressure but inexplicably they fell away and complacency set in. The hosts had slightly the better of the first half but in the second Northwood threw away the lethargy and stormed back.

They were inspired by the fine display of Heslop from right back and it went throughout the side and during the next 45 minutes the Woods strung together some tremendous football. The chances came but they went, all three of the 'Woods strikers were working well but their strong runs and positional play didn't pay off where it counts – around the box.

The match moved into the final quarter and still the scoreline remained blank, and despite the intricate patterns weaved by Harvey, Tidd and Gould the Woods couldn't break the deadlock.

Harvey went close with a fine effort and then Cooper was close after a neat piece of football and crisp shot. The game was rapidly drawing to an end but despite the Woods’ pressure the vital goal was still missing, however Northwood continued to build their attacks methodically and weren't panicked into hopeful long balls into the box.

Their patience was rewarded with just three minutes to spare. Tidd and Heslop combined together well once again and the move ended with Tidd flighting over a cross for Livingstone, still full of running, to meet the ball at the near post with a classic header that crashed into the roof of the net.

Northwood: L. Currell, N. Heslop, A. Merison, M. O'Donnell, J. Harman; I. Harvey, B. Gould, R. Tidd, R. Livingstone, M. Ellis, G. Cooper. Sub: D. King.