Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors



Saturday 25th September 1976

Ruislip Town's best display for a long time shattered Northwood's Middlesex Intermediate Cup hopes in a hard fought local derby on the Wood's new ground at Northwood Park.

It was a day that Northwood should have relished in front of a large home crowd, but Town were in control for most of the game with a display of football that augers well for the future. Town adjusted quickly to the problem of the long grass on the new pitch, with Bobby Wier stamping his authority on the game.

An error by Micky Ellis in the Woods defence let Town through for their first goal when he fluffed a back pass, and Tony Goodgame nipped in to score. Town were well in command, and the Woods went further behind in the 20th minute. Wier split the defence with an inch-perfect pass and McGarth drew Currell before slotting in.

After this goal Ruislip became complacent allowing Northwood back into the game. Procter, fast  establishing himself as one of the best defenders in the Middlesex League, had to be at his peak to contain the Woods attack. Nevertheless, Ashley saw a drive hit the post while Jones and Martin Ellis had snap shots go just wide.

Then, out of nothing Junior Jones pulled the Woods back into the game. Just outside the box, he taunted the defence before hitting a low hard drive past Fitchett. The Woods appeared to be level minutes later when Heslop saw his free kick sail over the despondent Fitchett, but the goal was disallowed for a foul on the goalkeeper.

But Town went further in the lead two minutes before the break when a lapse in concentration from the Woods defence let them through. Wier sent Lamb away on the left, he crossed and McGarth headed goalwards, but Curran could only push the ball out for Weir to score.

Town scored their killer goal early in the second half with a move that would have graced any ground in the country. It all started deep in their own half and was continued by the irrepressible Wier, who sent a 40 yard pass to Jimmy Devane. Devane beat a defender’s desperate tackle and crossed low and hard for Goodgame to head in his second goal of the game.

To their credit, Northwood kept pushing forward, but only Martin Ellis shone where his team-mates flattered to deceive.

It was Northwood who had the final say with two minutes to go when Gould lofted a ball into the visitors half and Livingstone headed the ball on. Martin Ellis calmly controlled the ball on his chest before burying a 25 yard volley into the net.

Northwood: Currell, Ellis, Heslop, Gould, Merison, Tidd, Ashley, Franklin, Livingstone, Ellis, Jones. Subs. Pearce, King.