STADIUM SPONSORS
HOME SHIRTS & CLUBHOUSE SPONSORS
AWAY SHIRTS SPONSORS
WEBSITE SPONSORS
PREMIUM CLUB SPONSORS

Youth Reports 2016-17

9 October 2016

Under 10s White

After a 19 mile trek to Enfield the boys made the trip worth it, playing against a physically big side with most of their players 5ft 6plus

Against my little assassins we held our own and fought out a 5-4 win, maintaining our unbeaten start to the season.

Having gone 2 up then finding ourselves 3-2 down at half and after what I think was an inspirational team talk the boys were hungry and aggressive and made the oppositions physical advantage disappear in the second half. Although we gave away 4 goals that could of easily been avoided.

But overall it left players, parents and manager buzzing at the result. So well done to Northwood FC U10s whites. Now we go again.

Old Isleworthians Youth Reds 11 Northwood Reds Under 13s 1

After the heaviest defeat that I can remember I am struggling to write a report this week. The only positives that we can take from the match were that this team are in the top division of the Surrey League & were very well organized and played simple effective football that we did not cope with I also hope that we can’t play any worse than this I hope! The boys did not battle hard enough to get the ball back once we lost it from the very start and we soon found ourselves 3-0 down with only 15 minutes gone.

In very small spells of the match we did play a little bit of the sort of football we are capable of doing but then did not make good decisions far too often when we did have the ball in attacking areas. At halftime we told the boys to consolidate for the first 5-10 minutes of the half and get some tackles or blocks in to try and break up OI's play and to try and get some possession of the ball.

This did not work as we let another goal in barely a minute into the half and you could see that the boys heads were beginning to drop.  For our one goal which Daniel Terry did take very well came when we were 9-0 down late in the second half. This did show once we played the sort of quick passing football we can, it works and we score but OI's went and got another 2 to make the final score 11-1.

I wish OI's well in the next round of the County Cup and the boys can now concentrate on getting back to winning ways next week with a league fixture away to London Maccabi Lions.

Dave Blincko

MENU