STADIUM SPONSORS
HOME SHIRTS & CLUBHOUSE SPONSORS
AWAY SHIRTS SPONSORS
WEBSITE SPONSORS
PREMIUM CLUB SPONSORS

Youth Reports 2016-17

27 November 2016

Northwood Reds Under 13s 1  Omonia Gold 5

Northwood Reds U13's crashed out of the League Cup 3rd round to Red Division Omonia Gold . The game did start quite evenly with both sides trying to play passing football with Omonia showing that they have improved on this style of play from when we played them last season when they played a more direct game. With John having to ref the match I was left on my own with the ever antagonising Omonia coaches who did succeed in winding me up briefly when Omonia scored their first goal. I did not see it as I was in deep discussion with the coaches about shouting at our linesman but from what the boys told me at half time it was a lucky mis- hit shot that wrong footed Rayyan and went in.

The boys did then see that Omonia were trying to play out from the back on every occasion and on one of these occasions Dec chased the ball down intercepted a poor pass from the Omonia goal keeper and finished well to make it 1-1. The boys then saw the remainder of the half out to come in all square.

Omonia did start the second half well and were putting the boys under a lot of pressure and after 5 minutes the pressure told and Omonia found themselves back in front 2-1. The boys again dug deep to try and battle their way back into the game with Ashley, Lewis Reid and Dec all going close but could not find the net.

About halfway through the second half the boys can only be explained as a crazy 10 minutes that saw Omonia score 3 quick goals to go into the lead that we were never going to come back from. The boys did go 3 at the back and pushed an extra player forward but nothing was really dropping their way and a well organised Omonia defence kept the attacks out.

Overall, the boys did give a fighting performance against a team from the league above and if we could have defended a bit better might have sneaked an upset.

Well done to all the boys on a battling performance.

Line up : Rayyan, Ale Lewis Ryan Arun George Oliver Dan Jago Zaki, Lewis Reid Dan Terry, Ashley Dec.

Dave Blincko

MENU