STADIUM SPONSORS
HOME SHIRTS & CLUBHOUSE SPONSORS
AWAY SHIRTS SPONSORS
WEBSITE SPONSORS
PREMIUM CLUB SPONSORS

Youth Reports 2016-17

26 February 2017

Hendon United Netanya 3 Northwood Reds Under 13s 1

Again this week we found ourselves on the wrong side of a 3-1 score line, but this really did not reflect the game. The match was played on a very small pitch that in my opinion was only fit for 9 a side football and certainly did not suit the way that we like to play by moving the ball around. There was simply not the space or time to play any football of any note and this seemed to suit our hosts better than us, who just like to kick the ball long and chase; this will not make their players into footballers.

The match started with the boys trying to fight the windy conditions as well as the pitch but it really made for a very messy game of football with most of it being played in and around the centre circle. The game looked like it was heading for 0-0 at half time until a misplaced pass let Hendon in to make it 1-0. We came in at half time and I tried to lift the boys and let them know that we, as last week, were very much in the game and that again the next goal would be vital.

We started the half slowly and Hendon long ball tactic was putting the boys under more pressure but again we were seeming to deal with the attacks. Midway through the second half a Hendon player toe punted a shot goal wards, that seemed to catch the wind and fly over the stranded Rayyan: 2-0. This is the sort of luck that we have had but we have to start making our own and that really needs for us to keep believing in ourselves and not letting our confidence go which again was missing today.

Today I feel that we simply had a bad day when touches passes and decisions were not good until we found ourselves 3-0 down with 10 minutes to go - when we had our best spell. Our goal did come too late for it to affect the final result but it was a good strong run from Ashley, who got to the goal line and somehow seemed to get the ball in at the near post between the Hendon keeper and post.

Our player of the match went to George today who had a very solid game at centre half.

Line up: Daniel Davey, Daniel Terry Lewis Ryan George, Arun, Lewis Reid Sam , Dan Jago, Oliver, Ashley, Rayyan, Zaki Dec, Ale.

Well done boys

Dave Blincko

MENU